In May of 2008, AAA of Tuscarawas County and the Board of AAA East Central established the legacy AAA Grant Fund to continue the past practices and financial support provided through AAA for local safety-related efforts.
The Tuscarawas County Community Foundation accepts applications for grants from the AAA Grant Fund and administers the program by reviewing those applications and distributing funds annually. The amount available annually for AAA Grant Fund grants is determined by the outcome of investment revenue generated each year. The deadline to apply each year is June 15.
Designated Purposes for Donation Use by AAA Grant Fund
- Provide for supplies, training and equipment for organizations involved in traffic safety and for traffic safety educational programs for children and adults.
- Provide for supplies, training, and equipment for local law enforcement agencies for traffic safety, education, and/or traffic enforcement equipment.
- Provide for supplies, training, and equipment for organizations involved in Emergency Care services for traffic safety. This includes donations to hospitals in Tuscarawas County for emergency room care, training and care.
- Provide for education and training in the field of automotive repair to schools
- Provide for travel arrangements for special needs situations, which are requested by 501(c)3 charitable organizations such as Community Hospice, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Rainbow Connection, etc.
To apply, please send a one-page description of the qualifying project and the requested AAA Grant Fund amount to:
Attn: AAA Grant Fund
Tuscarawas County Community Foundation
1323 Fourth Street NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663